Anitra Ash-Shakoor founded Capital Justice law firm with the desire to provide aggressive, knowledgeable and affordable legal services to partnered clients. Anitra is a seasoned professional with extensive legal, corporate and charitable organization experience. After law school, she worked as a law clerk for the Regional Bankruptcy Center of Southeastern Pennsylvania. At the Regional Bankruptcy Center, she spent several years developing her expertise in mortgages, predatory lending, as well as business and consumer bankruptcy law.
Anitra’s corporate experience includes her work with the Center for Community Non-Profit Organizations in Philadelphia. She counseled clients on funding alternatives for their non-profit businesses, tax exempt status and organizational structure. Anitra’s current business clients include successful small businesses and start-up corporations and LLC’s.
With her demonstrated and long-standing commitment to justice, Anitra’s background includes working with the ACLU of Philadelphia where she contributed to the NAACP v. City of Philadelphia – 5th Monitoring Report Pedestrian & Car Stop Audit (December 7, 2000). In 2013, she joined the legal team challenging the planned closures of public schools in Washington, D.C.
A compassionate advocate, Anitra is dedicated to pro bono service. She is a member of the D.C. Volunteer Lawyers Project and represents lower-income bankruptcy clients in the District of Columbia through the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic.
Anitra takes pride in the quality of her work and is personable when dealing with clients. She can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anitra is a Northern California native and resides in Montgomery County, MD.
Temple University Beasley School of Law (Philadelphia, PA)
- Juris Doctor
- 1998 – 2001
Morgan State University (Baltimore, MD)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- 1995 – 1998
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women’s Law Division, National Bar Association
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- 2015 Best Business of Washington, DC – Bankruptcy Law
- 2016 Washington, DC Small Business Excellence Award – Bankruptcy Law
- All District of Columbia State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois